What you'll need:
- 3 cups all-grain cereal, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk, less 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine 1 cup of the bran, the boiling water and the pecan oil in a mixing bowl and mix well.
In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and the remaining cereal. Mix to blend. Add the eggs, buttermilk and molassas and mix well. Stir in the cereal and oil mixture, the raisins and the salt. Mix well. Spoon the mixture into lightly oiled muffin tins. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen