What you'll need:
- 3 tbsp Kinloch Pecan Oil divided
- 1 lb Conecuh Hickory Smoked Sausage sliced 1/2 thick
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can light red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- hot cooked rice to serve
In a large Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon pecan oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned.
Remove browned sausage from pan using slotted spoon. Add remaining 2 tablespoons pecan oil, onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add beans, sausage, tomato, Creole seasoning, thyme, and paprika; simmer 10 minutes. Serve with rice.