Parsley & Cilantro Pesto with Pasta
Serves 6 people
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 7 tablespoons Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 pound linguini
- This parsley and cilantro pesto is packed with flavor. Accompany this pasta dish with slices of ripe tomatoes drizzled with a little pecan oil, a few shakes of red wine vinegar, crumbled feta cheese, and seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the pecan pieces, parsley, cilantro, and garlic in a food processor and puree. Add the cheese, salt and pepper and pulse several times to blend. Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl. With the machine running, gradually add the pecan oil and blend well. Add the lemon or lime juice and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Cook the linguini according to package directions. Drain and reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Put the linguini in a large bowl, toss with the pesto and add enough of the cooking liquid to coat the pasta evenly. Serve immediately.