What you'll need:
- 2 tablespoons of Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons each chopped red and yellow bell peppers
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon each oregano, basil and thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 thin slice sandwich ham, torn into small pieces
- 1 thin slice Swiss cheese, torn into small pieces
- Pinch red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Orange slices and rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Directions:Preheat the oven to broil. Cover the bottom of a small oven-proof skillet with a thin layer of pecan oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Combine the eggs, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, and salsa in a bowl and gently stir to mix. Pour the mixture over the onions and peppers in the skillet. Do not stir.
Pour the wine over the eggs, add the ham, Swiss cheese, and red pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese, cover and cook until the eggs set slightly, about 1 minute.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until the eggs are slightly firm, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with the orange slice and rosemary sprig. Serve with grits or hash brown potatoes. Makes about 2 servings