What you'll need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup nutlike cereal nuggets
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
Directions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cereal in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine the egg and remaining ingredients and add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack. Serve this with low-fat ice cream or top with low-fat whipped cream. You can also serve fresh berries or other seasonal fruit with it.
Makes 1 loaf to serve 8 to 10