Serves 6 people
- 1 chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 pound pasta, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Put the chicken in a large, heavy pot with the salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and reserve the stock. When the chicken is cool, remove the meat from the bones, discarding the skin and bones.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the pecan oil and flour over medium heat and whisk to blend. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Gradually add the chicken stock, a little at a time, whisking constantly to make a creamy, thick mixture. (You will probably not use all the stock, perhaps about 1 1/2 cups.)
- Add the chicken pieces, jalapeños, and olives and stir to mix. Put the cooked and drained pasta in a large casserole and pour the chicken mixture over it. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until heated through and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.