What You'll Need:
- 1 pound fresh andouille sausage
- 2 tablespoons Kinloch pecan oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ red onion diced
- 3 small sweet peppers sliced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded, deveinved and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 ounce can fir roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces uncooked pasta any shape
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese + extra for serving
- ½ cup shredded gouda cheese + extra for serving
Heat one TBSP of the pecan oil in a large pan. Add sausage links and cook sausages, turning until crisp and golden brown. Remove and place on a plate to cool.
In same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add garlic, onion and peppers; cook until onions are soft, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and Cajun seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is
cooked through about 13-15 minutes.
While the pasta is cooking, slice the sausages into 1/4 “ slices. When the pasta is al dente, stir in the sausage. Turn off the heat; top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately with extra cheese if desired.