Serves 6 people
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, slightly thawed
- 2 teaspoons Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 6 mozzarella cheese slices
- 2 medium-size ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush the pie shell, both bottom and sides, with 1 teaspoon of the pecan oil. Arrange the mozzarella slices evenly in the pie shell. Arrange the tomato slices evenly on top of the cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning mix.
- Arrange the spinach on top of the tomatoes and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning mix. Drizzle with the remaining teaspoon pecan oil and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning mix. Bake until the crust is golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into wedges to serve.