Pecan Meal Bundt Cake
Serves 10 people
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup pecan meal
- 3/4 cup Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 1 box butter cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream (low-fat can be substituted)
- 4 eggs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bundt pan with the butter. Combine 1 tablespoon of the sugar with 2 tablespoons of the pecan meal and sprinkle the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- 2. Combine the sugar, the pecan oil, cake mix and sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Stir until the mixture is moistened. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending with each addition. Add the remaining pecan meal and stir to mix well. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake until a cake tester inserted in the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 3. Remove from the oven and cool before turning the cake out on a cake platter to slice.