Linguine with Clam Sauce
Serves 4 people
- 1/4 cup Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can chopped clams, undrained
- 1/2 pound linguini
- 1/4 cup pasta cooking liquid
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the pecan oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions or shallots, and the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the red pepper or cayenne and the clams. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the linguini according to package directions and drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the linguine with the claim sauce, pasta cooking liquid, lemon juice and parsley.
- Sprinkle with black pepper. Serve immediately.