Lemon Rice Pilaf
Serves 6 people
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 3/4 cups minced onions
- 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the pecan oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork to serve.