Baked Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes
Serves 6 people
- 6 boned and skinned chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- 6 thick slices tomatoes
- 6 pats butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Rub the chicken breasts with the oil, then season with salt, black pepper and cayenne. Place the breasts in a shallow baking dish and top each with a slice of tomato. Dot the tomatoes with the butter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve warm. If preferred, a whole fryer can be used (cut into serving pieces) rather than boned and skinned breasts. Lightly brush the bottom of a roasting pan with pecan oil, arrange the chicken in the pan, season as directed, but bake first at 375 degrees to brown the chicken (about 15 minutes), then reduce the heat to 350, add 2 to 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth, cover the plan and cook until the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes.