- 1 roasting chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cayenne to taste
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 rib celery, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cool water and pat
dry. Generously season the cavity with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Spread 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small roasting pan. Set the chicken in the
pan and rub the remaining two tablespoons of the oil over the bird.
outside of the chicken with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a bit of
cayenne. Put the onion, celery, and parsley in the cavity, and tie the legs
together with kitchen twine.
chicken until it begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Add the water or chicken
broth and the wine. Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake,
basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes, until the juices run clear, about
chicken from the oven and let it rest for about five minutes before carving.
to 6 main dish servings