- 2 1/2 pounds medium-size shrimp
- 3 medium-size yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers with juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 bay leaves
When the shrimp are completely cooled, peel and devein. Put the shrimp in a shallow plastic container and arrange the onions evenly over them. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend.
Pour the mixture over the shrimp and onions, cover securely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, stirring two to three times. Drain and serve.
Makes two quarts